Re: Typo in pg_db_role_setting.h - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Richard Guo
Subject Re: Typo in pg_db_role_setting.h
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 12:13 PM John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 10:06 AM Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure that we should remove such comments. And a rough search
> shows that there are much more places with this kind of comments, such
> as below:
>
> nbtxlog transam readfuncs walreceiver buffile bufmgr fd latch pmsignal
> procsignal sinvaladt logtape rangetypes

I was talking only about catalog/pg_*.c functions, as in Japin Li's latest patch. You didn't mention whether your examples fall in the category Tom mentioned upthread, so I'm not sure what your angle is.

Sorry I forgot to mention that. The examples listed upthread all contain
such comment in foo.h saying 'prototypes for functions in foo.c'. For
instance, in buffile.h, there is comment saying

/*
 * prototypes for functions in buffile.c
 */

So if we remove such comments, should we also do so for those cases?

Thanks
Richard