Re: foreign join error "variable not found in subplan target list" - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Richard Guo
Subject Re: foreign join error "variable not found in subplan target list"
Date
Re: foreign join error "variable not found in subplan target list"  (Etsuro Fujita <etsuro.fujita@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Aug 10, 2022 at 10:15 AM Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> wrote:
Currently the outer_plan used in postgresGetForeignPlan() can only be
'Join' or 'Sort + Join'. I'm wondering whether we can take this
knowledge into consideration when we fix the outer_plan's tlist, to also
fix the Join's tlist if it is below the Sort node.

Alternatively, how about we include in the EPQ path's pathtarget the
columns required for evaluating the local conditions when we consider
EPQ paths with pathkeys? Something like attached.

Thanks
Richard
Attachment