Re: BUG #18252: Assert in CheckOpSlotCompatibility() fails when recursive union filters tuples in non-recursive term - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Richard Guo
Subject Re: BUG #18252: Assert in CheckOpSlotCompatibility() fails when recursive union filters tuples in non-recursive term
Date
In response to Re: BUG #18252: Assert in CheckOpSlotCompatibility() fails when recursive union filters tuples in non-recursive term  (Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org>)
List pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Jan 2, 2024 at 5:22 PM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
On 26.12.23 15:42, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 19.12.23 12:28, Richard Guo wrote:
>> BTW, while reading the codes, I noticed two typos in simplehash.h, one
>> is in the comment of SH_INSERT, the other is in the comment of
>> SH_INSERT_HASH.  Attached is a trivial patch for that.
>
>   /*
> - * Insert the key key into the hash-table, set *found to true if the key
> - * already exists, false otherwise. Returns the hash-table entry in either
> - * case.
> + * Insert the key into the hash-table, set *found to true if the key
> already
> + * exists, false otherwise. Returns the hash-table entry in either case.
>    */
>   SH_SCOPE       SH_ELEMENT_TYPE *
>   SH_INSERT(SH_TYPE * tb, SH_KEY_TYPE key, bool *found)
>

> I suppose the original intention might have been "Insert the key passed
> in the parameter named key ..." or "Insert the key `key` ..." or
> something like that.  But even if so, that's clearly confusing, so I am
> in favor of your patch, just pointing this out in case someone wants to
> protest.

hearing none, committed

Thanks for pushing!

Thanks