Re: ERROR: PlaceHolderVar found where not expected - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Richard Guo
Subject Re: ERROR: PlaceHolderVar found where not expected
Date
List pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 11:39 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Actually, on closer look: why don't we just nuke that pull_var_clause
call entirely, along with the following loop inspecting its result?

The subsequent loop that looks for a matching StatisticExtInfo
expression will do just fine at rejecting any expression that
contains Vars of the wrong relation.  Maybe there is some performance
argument why the pull_var_clause precheck is worth the trouble,
but I'm inclined to bet that it's actually a net loss.

Yes agreed.  The pull_var_clause precheck is not necessary considering
we would match the 'clause_expr' to StatisticExtInfo expressions with
equal().  +1 to remove it.

Thanks
Richard