Re: Parallelize correlated subqueries that execute within each worker - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Richard Guo
Subject Re: Parallelize correlated subqueries that execute within each worker
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jun 12, 2023 at 10:23 AM James Coleman <jtc331@gmail.com> wrote:
BTW are you by any chance testing on ARM macOS? I reproduced the issue
there, but for some reason I did not reproduce the error (and the plan
wasn't parallelized) when I tested this on linux. Perhaps I missed
setting something up; it seems odd.

Hmm, that's weird.  I was also testing that query on linux.  But please
note that several GUC settings are needed to generate parallel plan for
that query.

set min_parallel_table_scan_size to 0;
set parallel_setup_cost to 0;
set parallel_tuple_cost to 0;