Re: found xmin from before relfrozenxid on pg_catalog.pg_authid - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeremy Finzel
Subject Re: found xmin from before relfrozenxid on pg_catalog.pg_authid
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 3:20 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 12:27 PM, Jeremy Finzel <finzelj@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the recommendation.  I ran both amcheck functions on all 4
> indexes of those 2 tables with heapallindexed = true, but no issues were
> found.

Probably wouldn't hurt to run it against all indexes, if you can make
time for that. If you can generalize from the example query that calls
the bt_index_check() function, but set
"heapallindexed=>i.indisprimary" and remove "n.nspname =
'pg_catalog'", as well as "LIMIT 10".  This will test tables and
indexes from all schemas, which might be interesting.
--
Peter Geoghegan

I am running this on a san snapshot of our production system.  I assume that this will give me a valid check for file-system-level corruption.  I am going to kick it off and see if I find anything interesting.

Thanks,
Jeremy