canceling statement coming in slave instance - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Rohit Arora
Subject canceling statement coming in slave instance
Date
Re: canceling statement coming in slave instance  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
List pgsql-admin
Dear List,

In few of our Slave PostgreSQL machines.

I occasionally encounter below error.

ERROR:  canceling statement due to conflict with recovery
DETAIL:  User was holding a relation lock for too long

While investigating online i came to know that this issue can be handled by below configuration parameters

"max_standby_archive_delay "
"max_standby_streaming_delay"

I have increased the value of both the parameters as per below.

Original values:
"max_standby_archive_delay=30s"
"max_standby_streaming_delay=30s"

Current values:
"max_standby_archive_delay=30s" ----> was increased it to 300s but we did not get any benefit so we rollback it to original value
"max_standby_streaming_delay=300s"

But still i occasionally encounter the mention issue.

Please note that on Master node we have heavy write  operations and these Slave nodes are geographically distinct on a WAN connection.

Thanks in Advance
Rohit Arora