Re: .ready and .done files considered harmful - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: .ready and .done files considered harmful
Date
List pgsql-hackers
How are you envisioning the shared-memory signaling should work in the
original sample case, where the archiver had been failing for half a
year ?

Or should we perhaps have a system table for ready-to-archive WAL
files to get around limitation sof file system to return just the
needed files with ORDER BY ... LIMIT as we already know how to make
lookups in database fast ?

Cheers
Hannu