Re: OpenSCG 9.0.10 package - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ian Harding
Subject Re: OpenSCG 9.0.10 package
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 8:56 AM, Scott Mead <scottm@openscg.com> wrote:
> Hey Ian,
>

> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Ian Harding <harding.ian@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I know this is the wrong place, but I tried creating an account on
>> their site to contact them and it does not work.
>>

> I'll take a look at that right away, sorry it happened!
>

>> The 9.0.10 package throws an error when I try to install it that it
>> has an unsatisfied dependency on libpython.  Since it brings its own
>> libraries, I'm not sure why that would be, but there it is.  Hoping
>> someone from openscg sees this...
>>
>> rpm -ivh postgres-9.0.10-1.x86_64.openscg.rpm
>> warning: postgres-9.0.10-1.x86_64.openscg.rpm: Header V3 DSA/SHA1
>> Signature, key ID 38379aec: NOKEY
>> error: Failed dependencies:
>>       libpython2.4.so.1.0()(64bit) is needed by postgres90-9.0.10-1.x86_64
>

> Which linux distribution / version are you installing on ?  If you have a
> package manager that can help with dependency resolution (like yum), can you
> use that to either install the postgres RPM or just the lib python package?

The machine is fenced off from the internet and I'm pretty ignorant
about package managers, but I have been installing the other OpenSCG
packages with plain old rpm and it's been working.  I thought they
didn't have any external dependencies so I could get away with that.
Also, I do have the libpython package installed, it's just a bit newer
than what the package wants.

The Linux distro is called Scientific Linux and uname -a looks like this:

Linux db02 2.6.32-131.6.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jul 12 17:14:50 CDT
2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thanks!