Re: Right version of jdbc - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raivo Rebane
Subject Re: Right version of jdbc
Date
Re: Right version of jdbc  (Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I made a new Java application Eclipse Dynamic WEB application and want to use Postgres - PostgreSQL 10.14 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (Ubuntu 9.3.0-10ubuntu2) 9.3.0, 64-bit and Postgis - 2.4 USE_GEOS=1 USE_PROJ=1 USE_STATS=1.

I added some jdbc-s in my project webapps/WEB-INF/lib directory which now contains - javax.servlet-api.jar  postgis-jdbc-2.2.1.jar  postgresql-42.2.5.jre7.jar.

But they don't fit the needs and I got from tomcat -
java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/mushroom_database
at java.sql/java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:702)
at java.sql/java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:228)
at MushroomAPIs.AddMushrooms.doGet(AddMushrooms.java:30)

What's wrong. Or is better to use more newer postgres. And then which jdbc-I need to use ?

Regards
Raivo