PGAdmin 1.18.0 alpha compile - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Pieter du Plooy
Subject PGAdmin 1.18.0 alpha compile
Date
Re: PGAdmin 1.18.0 alpha compile
List pgadmin-support
Guys

Was planning to use 1.16.1 with Postgres 9.3 beta, but got an incompatibility error:

Warning:

The server you are connecting to is not a version that is supported by this release of pgAdmin III.

pgAdmin III may not function as expected.

Supported server versions are 8.2 to 9.2.

Can I disregard this?

I was then trying to compile 1.18.0 alpha and got the following:

/usr/bin/ld: libssh2/comp.o: undefined reference to symbol 'deflate'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'deflate' is defined in DSO /usr/lib/libz.so so try adding it to the linker command line
/usr/lib/libz.so: could not read symbols: Invalid operation

How do I get this fixed?

I have libssh 0.5.2 as well as 1.2.8 installed (as well as dev) as well as zlib 1.2.3 (which I upgraded to 1.2.8 doing a compile)

Where do I address LDFLAGS with make?

I have exported LDFLAGS as /usr/lib.

Using Ubuntu 12.04 64bit.

Pieter