Re: restoring a table after an online backup - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Prashanth Ranjalkar
Subject Re: restoring a table after an online backup
Date
List pgsql-admin
 > Hello,
>
> I was just wondering: Is it possible to restore a specific table from an
> online backup?
> Or is it only possible if we first restore the backup, replay all the
> logs,
> and then take the table files?

It depends on how you do the copy. To do comados with SQL, you can find to
with the sql of the table you want.

Saludos,
Gilberto Castillo
La Habana, Cuba

The online backups are file system level backups therefore single table restoration is not possible however possible to restore the specific table from the logical backups (pg_dump) if you have. In case of online backups, it's best practice to restore the online backup on a test system and perform PITR. After successful restoration, take the dump of the specific table and restore it on the production.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashanth Ranjalkar
Database Consultant & Architect
Skype:prashanth.ranjalkar