Re: Migrating tables to new tablespace, freed up space doesn't match moved data - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Prashanth Ranjalkar
Subject Re: Migrating tables to new tablespace, freed up space doesn't match moved data
Date
List pgsql-admin
When any files that are in large size moved out or deleted, the reclaiming of the space at  certain operating system level may not be fast enough as soon as the operation is completed and may take time.. Another possibility would be that stats are not updated, worth to analyze the tables that are moved into tablespace.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashanth Ranjalkar
Database Consultant & Architect