First patch -- somewhat trivial feature - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Berry
Subject First patch -- somewhat trivial feature
Date
List pgsql-hackers
This is my first attempt at writing a patch, so it's pretty simple.

Commit log sums it up:

Adds a convenience feature to the explain command which prints out GUC cost parameters in explain text output.

    For example:

    explain (params) select * from table;

    will include text output like the following:

    Cost Params:
             seq_page: 1.000000, rnd_page: 4.000000, cpu_tup: 0.010000, cpu_ind: 0.005000, cpu_op: 0.002500
             amenabled: 11111111111

    The bit vector is enable variables in the order listed in cost.h, though mainly provides a high level view on whether or not any strategies are disabled.

------

I recognize that this is kind of a frivolous feature which may not be worth any potential maintenance burden, so submitted for what it's worth as an initial effort.

Best Regards,
Robert

Attachment