Re: Postgres vs other Postgres based MPP implementations - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ondrej Ivanič
Subject Re: Postgres vs other Postgres based MPP implementations
Date
Re: Postgres vs other Postgres based MPP implementations  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,
>>  mostly heavy read
>> workloads but OLTP performance is required (like run query over 100m+
>> dataset in 15 sec)
>
> that isn't OLTP, its OLAP.  Online Analytic Processing rather than Online
> Transaction Processing....   large complex reporting queries that have to
> aggregate many rows is classic OLAP.

I didn't say OLTP. Our workload is "aggregations/drill downs/roll
ups/... " (= OLAP) but we need OLTP like performance i.e. our users
are not keen to wait more than several seconds for the result.
Greenplum or Postgres + Fusion IO can deliver this performance for us.

--
Ondrej Ivanic
(ondrej.ivanic@gmail.com)