Re: Postgres vs other Postgres based MPP implementations - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ondrej Ivanič
Subject Re: Postgres vs other Postgres based MPP implementations
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

2011/11/8 Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz>:
> Sure you did - you've stated that "mostly heavy read
> workloads but OLTP performance is required (like run query over 100m+
> dataset in 15 sec)." That clearly mentions OLTP  ...

Whatever :) Let's make it clear: I need to run aggregates/roll
ups/drill downs on large dataset (100m+) but the query should return
result (less than 1000 rows, mostly around 100) under 30 sec

My point is that  MPP (same box used) solution can deliver required
performance in most cases (>75%).

--
Ondrej Ivanic
(ondrej.ivanic@gmail.com)