Re: Postgres vs other Postgres based MPP implementations - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ondrej Ivanič
Subject Re: Postgres vs other Postgres based MPP implementations
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

On 9 November 2011 04:53, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
> On 11/08/11 1:49 AM, Ondrej Ivanič wrote:
>>
>> Greenplum or Postgres + Fusion IO can deliver this performance for us.
>
> then, thats your answer!   it ain't free, oh well.

FusionIO is little bit problematic: smaller card (2.4TB) has serious
scalability issues (not card but PG and card); bigger one can't fit
our server due to thermal restrictions. Anyway, both cards just do
scale. Geenplum DCA is on site already.

What I see is that single node Greenplum can utilise available
resources more efficiently...

--
Ondrej Ivanic
(ondrej.ivanic@gmail.com)