timezone datetime issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Glenn Pierce
Subject timezone datetime issue
Date
Re: timezone datetime issue  (Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at>)
Re: timezone datetime issue  (Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi I have an issue with adjusting a timestamp.

I have a table  like

CREATE TABLE sensor_values
(
      ts timestamp with time zone NOT NULL,
      value double precision NOT NULL DEFAULT 'NaN'::real,
)

It was intended that ts timestamps would be the time we wanted to store in UTC.
Clients would adjust their times to UTC before entering into the database.

Unfortunately some values have been added with BST times.
The DB thinks  they are UTC times but are an hour out this time of year.

Is the a way to adjust those times ? Ie offset the summer times back an hour ?

Thanks