[pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM#1352 - Problem displaying intervals and timestamps with pgAdmin 4 - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Surinder Kumar
Subject [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM#1352 - Problem displaying intervals and timestamps with pgAdmin 4
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

Please find the patch with issues fixed:

1) No handling for INTERVAL type datetime.
For example: executing query
SELECT INTERVAL '15 minutes';
throws json serialization error, because it returns time in timedelta format which is not handled.

Added support to handle timedelta datetime format in DataTypeJSONEncoder class

2) When we try to get BC dates from database raises ValueError: year is out of range
For eg:
SELECT TIMESTAMP '0044-03-15 10:00:00 BC',
It is because pyscopg2 doesn't handle BC datetime format.

So we have defined our method which type cast the datetime value to string in pyscopg2 overriding default behaviour.

Reference:

Issue left:
Pyscopg2 not handling representation of BC dates. It is currently representing time in following query
SELECT TIMESTAMPTZ '2016-03-15 10:00:00+02 AD';
as
2016-03-15T00:00:00Z
which is wrong.
I will send patch for it when gets fixed.

Please review.

Thanks,
Surinder Kumar

Attachment