Re: BUG #14210: filter by "=" constraint doesn't work when hash index is present on a column - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: BUG #14210: filter by "=" constraint doesn't work when hash index is present on a column
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 2:20 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I agree that we need to do something, but I'm not very clear on what
> the something is.  I considered inventing a debug #define that would
> reduce the _h_spool threshold to the minimum workable amount (2, looks
> like), but I'm not sure how much that will help.  What did you have
> in mind?

I think we should do that. Why do you say that you're not sure how
much it will help?

It may have escaped your attention, so I'll point out that amcheck
regression tests are my solution to testing external sorting, an area
which is similarly sorely lacking.

--
Peter Geoghegan