Re: ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE using EXCLUDED.column gives an error about mismatched types - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE using EXCLUDED.column gives an error about mismatched types
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 8:53 AM, Geoff Winkless <pgsqladmin@geoff.dj> wrote:
> the new table does not exhibit the same problem (so I'm assuming it's not
> easily reproducible and giving you a creation script isn't going to help).
>
> VACUUM FULL on the table makes no difference.
>
> Is there anything you guys can suggest that I can do to help narrow down the
> problem?

Yes. You should enable all of the following settings:

debug_print_parse (boolean)
debug_print_rewritten (boolean)
debug_print_plan (boolean)
debug_pretty_print (boolean)

which you can do dynamically from psql.

Then post the output for both the failing version (on that table where
you can reproduce the issue), and the other table where it seems that
you ought to be able to reproduce the problem, but you can't. Maybe
that'll show where the problem is.

Thanks
--
Peter Geoghegan