Re: jsonb concatenate operator's semantics seem questionable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: jsonb concatenate operator's semantics seem questionable
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> I could argue at least as convincingly that what the jsonb || operator does
> is exactly analogous to what hstore's || does.

Again, my concern is not primarily a theoretical one. It's primarily a
practical concern. We are no closer to supporting UPDATEs with jsonb
in an easy, declarative way, unfortunately. That's what I thought that
this was supposed to do, and despite your protestations, if I picked
up that idea other people easily could.

--
Peter Geoghegan