Re: Doing better at HINTing an appropriate column within errorMissingColumn() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Doing better at HINTing an appropriate column within errorMissingColumn()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Apparently what they're doing is charging 0 for a transposition (which
> we don't have as a separate concept), 2 for a substitution, 1 for an
> insertion, and 3 for a deletion, with the constraint that anything
> with a total distance of more than 6 isn't considered.  And that does
> overall seem to give pretty good suggestions.

The git people know that no git command is longer than 4 or 5
characters. That doesn't apply to us. I certainly would not like to
have an absolute distance test of n characters.

--
Peter Geoghegan