Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT syntax issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT syntax issues
Date
INSERT ... ON CONFLICT error messages  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi>)
Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT syntax issues  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 2:22 AM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> The ability to specify a constraint by name hasn't been implemented, but
> that would read quite naturally as:
>
> INSERT INTO mytable ON CONFLICT ON CONSTRAINT my_constraint UPDATE ...

For the record, I have made this change on Github (Andres and I have
been doing a lot of clean-up. I point this change in particular out
because it's a behavioral change). The INSERT documentation has been
updated to reflect this, and includes an example. This copy of the
documentation is current:

http://postgres-benchmarks.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/on-conflict-docs/sql-insert.html

--
Peter Geoghegan