Re: "insert [...] on conflict" hangs on conflict on an unmentioned gist index - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: "insert [...] on conflict" hangs on conflict on an unmentioned gist index
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 9:38 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Nah, I take that back --- I was expecting this to be handled somewhere
> else than it is.  It looks like the actual cause is just sloppy
> handling of noDupErr in ExecInsertIndexTuples; the attached fixes it
> for me.

I agree that that's all this was; it's uncommon to specify an
exclusion constraint by name with DO NOTHING, so we didn't catch this
until now.

Thanks for looking into this.

--
Peter Geoghegan