Re: Trivial heap_finish_speculative() error message inaccuracy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Trivial heap_finish_speculative() error message inaccuracy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 7:10 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> This seems like a fine teaching moment in which to point out our
> longstanding error message style guideline that says not to put
> names of C functions into error messages in the first place.

I don't ordinarily do that, of course, but I thought it was important
to be consistent with other such elog() calls within heapam.c. I think
that there at least 10 that look like this.

--
Peter Geoghegan