Re: WIP: Covering + unique indexes. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: WIP: Covering + unique indexes.
Date
Re: WIP: Covering + unique indexes.  (Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 1:50 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> Personally, I like documenting assertions, and will sometimes write
> assertions that the compiler could easily optimize away. Maybe going
> *that* far is more a matter of personal style, but I think an
> assertion about the new index tuple size being <= the old one is just
> a good idea. It's not about a problem in your code at all.

You should make index_truncate_tuple()/index_reform_tuple() promise to
always do this in its comments/contract with caller as part of this,
IMV.

--
Peter Geoghegan