Re: Improvement of pg_stat_statement usage about buffer hit ratio - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Improvement of pg_stat_statement usage about buffer hit ratio
Date
Re: Improvement of pg_stat_statement usage about buffer hit ratio  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> The same idea was proposed before but not committed because
> Itagaki thought that pg_stat_statements view should report only raw values.
> Please read the following thread. I have the same feeling with him.
> Anyway we should listen to more opinions from other people, though.
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20091222172719.8B86.52131E4D@oss.ntt.co.jp

+1 from me. I think that a higher level tool needs to be built on
pg_stat_statements to make things easy for those that want a slick,
pre-packaged solution. As I said on the min/max thread, if we're not
doing enough to help people who would like to build such a tool, we
should discuss how we can do better.

--
Peter Geoghegan