Re: Doing better at HINTing an appropriate column within errorMissingColumn() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Doing better at HINTing an appropriate column within errorMissingColumn()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:29 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> Why not?
>
> You've already said that you're happy to defer to whatever committer
> picks this up with regard to whether or not more than a single
> suggestion can come from an RTE. I agreed with this (i.e. I said I'd
> defer to their opinion too), and once again drew particular attention
> to this state of affairs alongside my most recent revision.
>
> What does that leave?

I see you've marked this "Needs Review", even though your previously
marked it "Ready for Committer" a few months back (Robert marked it
"Waiting on Author" very recently because of the compiler warning, and
then I marked it back to "Ready for Committer" once that was
addressed, before you finally marked it back to "Needs Review" and
removed yourself as the reviewer just now).

I'm pretty puzzled by this. Other than our "agree to disagree and
defer to committer" position on the question of whether or not more
than one suggestion can come from a single RTE, which you were fine
with before [1], I have only restored the core/contrib separation to a
state recently suggested by Robert as the best and simplest all around
[2].

Did I miss something else?

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB7nPqQObEeQ298F0Rb5+vrgex5_r=j-BVqzgP0qA1Y_xDC_1g@mail.gmail.com
[2] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+TgmoYKiiq8MC0UJ5i5XfkTYBg1qqfN4YRCkZ60YDUnumkzzQ@mail.gmail.com