Re: using Core Foundation locale functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: using Core Foundation locale functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 10:07 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 12/02/2014 12:52 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
>> Gotta say, I’m thrilled to see movement on this front, and especially pleased to see how consensus seems to be
buildingaround an abstracted interface to keep options open. This platform-specific example really highlights the need
forit (I had no idea that there was separate and more up-to-date collation support in Core Foundation than in the UNIX
layerof OS X).

> It'd also potentially let us make use of Windows' native locale APIs,
> which AFAIK receive considerably more love on that platform than their
> POSIX back-country cousins.

Not to mention the fact that a MultiByteToWideChar() call could be
saved, and sortsupport for text would just work on Windows.

--
Peter Geoghegan