Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 3:34 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 3:34 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear me.  Peter, can you fix this RSN?
>
> Investigating.

It's certainly possible to fix Andrew's test case with the attached.
I'm not sure that that's the appropriate fix, though: there is
probably a case to be made for not bothering with abbreviation once
we've read tuples in for the final merge run. More likely, the
strongest case is for storing the abbreviated keys on disk too, and
reading those back.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Attachment