Re: Doing better at HINTing an appropriate column within errorMissingColumn() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Doing better at HINTing an appropriate column within errorMissingColumn()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 8:38 PM, Ian Barwick <ian@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I mean, does it come up with a suggestion in every case, even if there is
> no remotely similar column? E.g. would
>
>   SELECT foo FROM some_table
>
> bring up column "bar" as a suggestion if "bar" is the only column in
> the table?

Yes, it would, but I think that's the correct behavior.

> Anyway, is there an up-to-date version of the patch available? The one from
> March doesn't seem to apply cleanly to HEAD.

Are you sure? I think it might just be that patch is confused about
the deleted file contrib/fuzzystrmatch/levenshtein.c.

--
Peter Geoghegan