Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT IGNORE (and UPDATE) 3.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT IGNORE (and UPDATE) 3.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 3:23 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> * We need to sort out those issues with the grammar, since that only
> really applies to the inference specification. Maybe the WHERE clause
> that the inference specification accepts can be broken out. No ON
> CONFLICT UPDATE specific issues left there, AFAICT though.

I pushed some code that deals with the predicate being within parenthesis:

https://github.com/petergeoghegan/postgres/commit/358854645279523310f998dfc9cb3fe3e165ce1e

(it now follows the attributes/expressions indexes, in the style of
CREATE INDEX).

We still need to reconcile these changes to the grammar with your own,
Andres. I'm going to wait to hear back on what you think about that.
Note that this removal:

-%nonassoc DISTINCT
-%nonassoc ON

was incidental to the commit (this is the code you could have removed
when you modified the grammar, adding a new production, but didn't).
--
Peter Geoghegan