Re: BUG #14231: logical replication wal sender process spins when using error traps in function - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: BUG #14231: logical replication wal sender process spins when using error traps in function
Date
Re: BUG #14231: logical replication wal sender process spins when using error traps in function
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 2:00 PM, Andrew Gierth
<andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:
> So I think this is primarily an artifact of doing so much retail
> palloc/pfree in a single memory context.

I wonder what the effect of commit
25c539233044c235e97fd7c9dc600fb5f08fe065, "Improve performance in
freeing memory contexts" might be here. In other words, maybe this is
not so bad on 9.6.

--
Peter Geoghegan