Re: Doing better at HINTing an appropriate column within errorMissingColumn() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Doing better at HINTing an appropriate column within errorMissingColumn()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 5:57 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> What about the overhead that this processing creates if error
> processing needs to scan a schema with let's say hundreds of tables?

It doesn't work that way. I've extended searchRangeTableForCol() so
that when it calls scanRTEForColumn(), it considers Levenshtein
distance, and not just plain string equality, which is what happens
today. The code only looks through ParseState.

--
Peter Geoghegan