Re: 20th anniversary of PostgreSQL ? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Mike Toews
Subject Re: 20th anniversary of PostgreSQL ?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 23 March 2015 at 22:18, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> For the 10th birthday we used the start of the online presence as our
> birthday, not the Postgres95 release. That's next year.
>
> It would seem odd to change the definition and celebrate a 20th birthday 9
> years after the 10th.

This is the most compelling evidence, along with the domain
registration, that the birthday was 05:06 EDT on 22 October 1996, as
per the domain registration of the online presence as PostgreSQL.ORG

Thanks Dave for digging this up!

That means there is a year and a half yet for revised Kool-Aid Man /
lens flare inspired logo re-designs in preparation for the 20th...