Re: initdb.exe changes --locale option - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Mike Toews
Subject Re: initdb.exe changes --locale option
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Testing on another Windows OS, here is a similar key : value exercise,
described previously. The system is Windows 7 64-bit, with a system
locale: "en-nz;English (New Zealand)" (from systeminfo.exe). The
version of initdb.exe is 9.2.0, and the full command-line is:

>"C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.2\bin\initdb.exe" --locale="key" --encoding=UTF-8 -D NUL

C : C
English : English_United States.1252
French : French_France.1252
nonsense : English_New Zealand.1252
    displays initdb: invalid locale name "nonsense" 6 times
French, Canada : French_France.1252
French_Canada : French_Canada.1252
English, Canada : English_United States.1252
English_New_Zealand : English_New Zealand.1252
    displays initdb: invalid locale name "English_New_Zealand" 6 times
English, New Zealand : English_United States.1252
English_New Zealand : English_New Zealand.1252

Interestingly, this OS displays "initdb: invalid locale name" (six
times), whereas I don't recall seeing that message with Vista. But it
doesn't tell me that "English, New Zealand" is invalid, while it
changes the locale to "English_United States.1252", which is puzzling.

-Mike