Re: add line number as prompt option to psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeevan Chalke
Subject Re: add line number as prompt option to psql
Date
Re: add line number as prompt option to psql
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I have reviewed this:

I have initialize cur_lineno to UINTMAX - 2. And then observed following
behaviour to check wrap-around.

postgres=# \set PROMPT1 '%/[%l]%R%# '
postgres[18446744073709551613]=# \set PROMPT2 '%/[%l]%R%# '
postgres[18446744073709551613]=# select
postgres[18446744073709551614]-# a
postgres[18446744073709551615]-# ,
postgres[0]-# b
postgres[1]-# from
postgres[2]-# dual;

It is wrapping to 0, where as line number always start with 1. Any issues?

I would like to ignore this as UINTMAX lines are too much for a input
buffer to hold. It is almost NIL chances to hit this.

However, I think you need to use UINT64_FORMAT while printing uint64
number. Currently it is %u which wrap-around at UINT_MAX.
See how pset.lineno is displayed.

Apart from this, I didn't see any issues in my testing.

Patch applies cleanly. make/make install/initdb/make check all are well.

Thanks

--
Jeevan B Chalke
Principal Software Engineer, Product Development