Re: Last day of commitfest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Last day of commitfest
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I won't touch the Ready for Committer stuff until after the end of the
commitfest anyways. I did put those two in that state already.

Right now I'm trying to get a bit ahead of the game by going through
the "Waiting on Author" patches. The documented process[*] is that
they get Returned with Feedback if they received at least one review
and haven't had any discussion from the author in 5 days. I haven't
been doing that but I'm saying I'm going to today.

However I didn't get through the list today. I'll do it tomorrow.

The first batch of patches that will be Returned with Feedback are
listed below. If you're an author of these and you're still looking
for feedback then I would suggest sending an email describing the
feedback you're looking for and moving it forward to the next CF
yourself before I mark them Returned with Feedback tomorrow.

* Single item cache for Subtrans SLRU (Simon Riggs)
 Received feedback from Julien Rouhaud and Andrey Borodin

* JIT counters in pg_stat_statements (Magnus Hagander)
 Feedback from Dmitry Dolgov and Julien Rouhaud

* Consider incremental sort for fractional paths in
generate_orderappend_paths (Tomas Vondra)
  Feedback from Arne Roland

* Partial aggregates push down
  Feedback from Tomas Vondra, needs more feedback

* Issue a log message when the backtrace logged is cut off
  Discussion died 2022-03-22
  Was this committed? Will it be?

* Use -fvisibility=hidden for shared libraries (Andres Freund)
  Feedback from Tom Lane, Justin Pryzby

* pg_dump new feature: exporting functions only. Bad or good idea ?
(Lætitia Avrot)
  Feedback from all quarters

There are also these which don't seem to have received feedback. I
guess we're just moving them forward but if the authors are happy with
the feedback they have they could mark them Returned with Feedback
themselves.

* Add connection active, idle time to pg_stat_activity (Rafia Sabih,
Sergey Dudoladov)
  No significant feedback
* WIN32 pg_import_system_collations (Juanjo Sntamaria Flecha)
  No significant feedback since v4 January 25
* Teach WaitEventSets to grow automatically
  No significant feedback
* postgres_fdw - use TABLESAMPLE when analyzing foreign tables
  No significant feedback
* pg_stat_statements and "IN" conditions (Dmitry Dolgov)
  Feedback earlier but none since latest revision 2022-03-26
* Parallelize correlated subqueries that execute within each worker
(James Coleman)
  It doesn't look like the concerns the author raised were ever
addressed by a reviewer

[*]https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/CommitFest_Checklist