Re: Temporary tables versus wraparound... again - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Temporary tables versus wraparound... again
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I've updated the patches.

Adding the assertion actually turned up a corner case where RecentXmin
was *not* set. If you lock a temporary table and that's the only thing
you do in a transaction then the flag is set indicating you've used
the temp schema but you never take a snapshot :(

I also split out the warnings and added a test that relfrozenxid was
advanced on the toast table as well.

I haven't wrapped my head around multixacts yet. It's complicated by
this same codepath being used for truncates of regular tables that
were created in the same transaction.

Attachment