Re: psql: add \pset true/false - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: psql: add \pset true/false
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 10:52 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> 3. I really don't want to end up with a bunch of features of this type
> for a variety of different data types.

We already have \pset null which feels very similar. It's not like 'f'
and 't' are terribly common and probably different from how they
render in whatever driver the user's probably coding to.

On the other hand if their driver isn't mapping booleans to a native
data type and just providing the Postgres text output then then this
is only risking more confusion by presenting the user with a rendering
that's different from what they need to be expecting. IIRC this is the
case for the PHP driver for example.

--
greg