Re: pg_init_privs corruption. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: pg_init_privs corruption.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 at 15:38, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Hmm, so Stephen was opining that the extension's objects shouldn't
> have gotten these privs attached in the first place.  I'm not
> quite convinced about that one way or the other, but if you buy it
> then maybe this situation is unreachable once we fix that.

Well pg_dump might still have to deal with it even if it's unreachable
in new databases (or rather schemas with extensions newly added... it
might be hard to explain what cases are affected).

Alternately it'll be a note at the top of every point release pointing
at a note explaining how to run a script to fix your schemas.

--
greg