Re: BRIN indexes - TRAP: BadArgument - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: BRIN indexes - TRAP: BadArgument
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
> Speaking of which, Alvaro, any chance we could get such on opclass still
> included into 9.5? It would be nice to have one, just to be sure that
> nothing minmax-specific has crept into the BRIN code.

I'm trying to do a bloom filter Brin index. I'm already a bit puzzled
by a few things but I've just started so maybe it'll become clear.

From what I've seen so far it feels more likely there's the opposite.
There's some boilerplate that I'm doing that feels like it could be
pushed down into general Brin code since it'll be the same for every
access method.

--
greg