Re: BRIN indexes - TRAP: BadArgument - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: BRIN indexes - TRAP: BadArgument
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 5:57 PM, Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> wrote:
> 2) The mention about additional opclass operators and to number them
> from 11 up is fine -- but there's no explanation of how to decide what
> operators need to be explicitly added like that. Specifically I gather
> from reading minmax that = is handled internally by Brin and you only
> need to add any other operators aside from = ? Is that right?

I see I totally misunderstood the use of the opclass procedure
functions. I think I understand now but just to be sure -- If I can
only handle BTEqualStrategyNumber keys then is it adequate to just
define the opclass containing only the equality operator?

Somehow I got confused between the amprocs that minmax uses to
implement the consistency function and the amops that the brin index
supports.

--
greg