Re: reprise: pretty print viewdefs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: reprise: pretty print viewdefs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> I've looked at that, and it was discussed a bit previously. It's more
> complex because it requires that we keep track of (or calculate) where we
> are on the line,

You might try a compromise, just spit out all the columns on one line
*unless* either the previous or next column is longer than something
like 30 columns. So if you have a long list of short columns it just
gets wrapped by your terminal but if you have complex expressions like
CASE expressions or casts or so on they go on a line by themselves.

--
greg