Re: Duplicate key violates unique constraint - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Duplicate key violates unique constraint
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Umesh Kirdat <umesh.kirdat@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The Postgres version on which the issue was reported is 8.2.2
> We have upgraded our Postgres version to 9.0.4 in the current product
> release and I would like to know whether the issue in discussion is fixed in
> Postgres 9.0.4?

When there's any sort of, thankfully rare, corruption bug the symptom
which people first notice is often duplicate primary keys. So your
question is really whether 9.0.4 is free of any (known) corruption
bugs.

For what it's worth the current release for the 9.0 major version is
9.0 is 9.0.15. There are over 2 1/2 years of bug fixes between 9.0.4
and 9.0.15 including some corruption bugs which could possibly
introduce duplicate rows. Also including one major security fix for
CVE-2013-1899.

--
greg