Re: Temporary tables versus wraparound... again - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Temporary tables versus wraparound... again
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I had to rebase this again after Tom's cleanup of heap.c removing some includes.

I had to re-add snapmgr to access RecentXmin. I occurs to me to ask
whether RecentXmin is actually guaranteed to be set. I haven't
checked. I thought it was set when the first snapshot was taken and
presumably even if it's a non-transactional truncate we're still in a
transaction?

The patch also added heapam.h to heap.c which might seem like a layer
violation. I think it's ok since it's just to be able to update the
catalog (heap_inplace_update is in heapam.h).

Attachment