[HACKERS] signed logging format for pid in log_line_prefix? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject [HACKERS] signed logging format for pid in log_line_prefix?
Date
Re: [HACKERS] signed logging format for pid in log_line_prefix?
List pgsql-hackers
Both the text and csv logging seem to use %d on for logging the server pid:

appendStringInfo(buf, "%d", MyProcPid);

Am I missing something or wouldn't this mean we print pids with large
values as negative numbers? Isn't that strange? Wouldn't we rather use
%u here?

--
greg