Copyright vs Licence - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vijaykumar Jain
Subject Copyright vs Licence
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi All,

I have been playing around with the pg_auto_failover extension by citus and have really enjoyed playing chaos with it.

Now I see this at the bottom of this extension.
This may be a stupid question, but i ask coz i have worked with OSS that been marked EOL or dead.
Some software have started asking for fee (like oracle for supported java)
Some software which were completely open sourced for unlimited usage (like sensu) now have a new version which has limited/capped free usage.
Or the Google vs Oracle case.

I know I can make a city of postgresql clusters of various sharded architectures, and it will still be free and postgresql is not responsible for any damage etc i understand, but can the extensions later charge on usage model.

This project is licensed under the PostgreSQL License, see LICENSE file for details.

I have a lame query (but i have a concern wrt how oracle acquired products licenses changed)

What is the role of copyright in a license. (I am not sure if i am even framing the question correctly, but let me know if i am not).
Can I be charged for whatever reasons in the future for using this extension.

--
Thanks,
Vijay