Re: Issue in PG start - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: Issue in PG start
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 2021-05-08 at 05:14 +0000, sivapostgres@yahoo.com wrote:
> Yesterday [07th May] morning when we switched on the computer and subsequently PGAdmin, we got the message following
message
> FATAL: the database system is starting up

You will have to wait until startup is completed.

Either you didn't shut down PostgreSQL cleanly, or some server process
crashed.  The log should tell you which of the two happened.

Did you set "checkpoint_timeout" to a high value?  That will make the
startup process potentially take longer to recover.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe